Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Namesake


Loaded E up in the new/used Sherpani backpack I got from a friend. It is fantastic. Comes with a removable sunshield that also has an attached see through rain fly for inclement weather. She was only fussy when I put her in it while still in the house. It cinches her down really well and she feels very secure, but that confinement (whether clothing, backpacks, or car seats) while she is initially being secured always bothers her. Once in, however, she never made a peep. I kept checking because I thought she had fallen asleep. Turns out, she just needs a lot of action to keep her content. Wonder where she gets that from.

There are 3 main loops that we use for hiking behind our house. I took the middle one (Doc's) which takes about an hour with this amount of snow, a baby on your back, and regular stops for taking pictures/video. For future reference, the other two aren't named as personally, they are "Short Loop" = 40 min and "Long Loop" = 1.25 hours. After reading Born To Run, I have been working on my Tarahumara running/walking style, so lots of little steps and always a smile on my face. Hard not to be smiling because I feel like I am getting away with something right now not working and getting to spend this time with my girl. I am very fortunate.

Made the first batch of babyfood today with the device Helen gave me- BEABA steamer and food processor. Decided to go with sweet potato for her first homemade meal. Got slightly strange faces, but that's understandable because all she's eaten so far is breast milk, rice cereal, and water that runs down my chest when we shower together. She loves the shower!

For K and I, I made chicken and dumplings. Pretty tasty, but I don't think I should eat it every day or, to answer Hillary's question, I will start to look like Michael Keaton in Mr. Mom.

For those of you who are concerned with spelling and grammar... suck it (as my good friend Ellis would say- by the way, he's 2). I am not. If you feel like correcting me, that's fine, but you most likely won't be satisfied. I will rarely take the time to reread anything before I post. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment