Monday, December 6, 2010

Carriage, No Car Seat





Overcast day today. E took a long (2 hour) nap this morning which gave me some time to make some Swedish Cardamon Sweet Rolls. After a rather short-lived fussy nap this afternoon, she and I went to Kelly's house to deliver some of the treats.

After mentally debating with myself for about 20 minutes, I chose to take her in the stroller without the car seat attachment for the 1st time. Worked fantastically and she was psyched about facing forward and seeing everything coming her way. Kelly reminded me, as an outsider, that Emerald has always been happier facing outward so she can check things out. I think she is going to be happy in the new position. Another added advantage was that the weather/sun shield works now without putting her in a tent. It shields her from the snow that was dumping on the way home, but she can still check it all out.

Made some broiled wild caught cod (used leftover cilantro, lime, serrano chili sauce), a garbanzo bean and cous cous salad, and an experimental tofu-egg roll wrapper ravioli (stuffed with leftover roasted fall veggies and mushrooms) topped with a shallot butter cream sauce. Was not that into the ravioli stuffing or sauce, but I like the potential of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment