Thursday, December 2, 2010

Getting Started


Going for a walk downtown- want to find a copy of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas'. Trying to get Emerald acclimated to the cold so that we can enjoy being outside and exercising together.

Would like to try and get her up on the ski mountain next week to use her new pass! I think the only way to do it well is to slowly increase her time outdoors and be paying attention to her napping so that everything comes together for a pleasant first experience for her.

Her first time on the mountain will probably be a ride up on the gondola and then ride in a backpack down 'Why Not' while I'm skiing. Why not is the easiest route down the mountain from the gondola. Eventually I would like to take her in the early morning on a skinning trip up the ski mountain, but I'm a little scared about carrying her weight because hiking on my own is difficult enough! I also think that she needs to have some shorter trips under her belt before venturing up Mt. Werner. Maybe her namesake, Emerald Mountain, is a better 1st skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment