Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy B-Day Great Granny!

Today is Edna's 91st Birthday- Wow! It is pretty cool that Emerald gets to see her Granny everyday. Bob got her a new flat screen 32" TV today and his brother got her a Blue Ray player. So, during Emerald's afternoon nap, I am going to set things up while Edna is with Bob and Margie.

It's overcast and gray this morning. Tentative plan is to throw E in the truck, drive to ski area parking lot, put her in a backpack and make our way to the top of the gondola. It will give her some time in the backpack and also let me gauge what kind of time commitment it is to get her on the mountain. Will not ski today, but will hopefully get to scan her pass for the first time! We can walk around the gondy building and go outside up top, but will then ride back down. We currently have a huge framed backpack, but I've got a call into a friend who told me, by the river this summer, that he's got a great skiing backpack for kids. Hopefully I'll hear from him before next week.

Best laid plans go awry. Turns out I took her to the liquor store instead. She was cranky so I thought we'd go in the afternoon. Turns out I needed to help K's parents load and move a snowblower and then pick up Edna's present at the post office. Looks like she's gonna have to wait to get up the mountain.

1 comment: