Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mom's B-Day!

Slopeside!

Had a really great morning today. Got up at about 7, K had finished feeding E and I made some coffee. We brought E into the basement, K got on treadmill, I drank some sweet, black nectar, and E played with some toys and watched us. Made a delicious Mushroom, Bacon, Spinach, and Cheddar Cheese omelet and a side of sweet potato and onion hash. Sorry, no photo.

After breakfast, we put E down for a nap and then K went to Ski Haus to look for something to spend her birthday discount on (note hat with purple flower on it in later fotos). E slept for about 2 hours and then we got our ski clothes on and brought her to Grandma's house so K and I could ski. I love watching K ski. She has such a clean and classic way of tele-ing. So beautiful.


We met B on the mountain and K, her Dad, and I got to ski together for a while.

Today was what Steamboat is all about. It was a gorgeous sunny day and the snow was wonderful. After so many cold, dark, and snowy days, it was magical to be on the mountain today- adding to the magic was that I got to be with my wife on such a day. What made it even better is that after we finished skiing (we started at 12 and finished at 2:45 and K was worked after not being on the hill in 1.5 years), E got to join us for apres ski at Slopeside- lawn chairs in the snow with some beer. And if that wasn't enough... Edna, B, M, and about a dozen friends came to sit, converse, imbibe, and enjoy the day on K's day.


Just checking out Dad's cool goggles after he skied. My first apres ski and I was looking like a superstar (kind of like Elton John).


So psyched that Edna came out. "I never in my life would have imagined such a thing."- sitting in the snow at 91 drinking beer with Grand Daughter and Great Grand Daughter.


Mom just saw me wearing my sweet shades for the first time. I think she likes them.


H clan and a mini W.


Just hanging out after a morning bath- I've been pissing through my diaper lately during the night because I'm sleeping on my stomach and thrashing about like my Dad does.

No comments:

Post a Comment