Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hiatus 2

It has been a long time, but I will hopefully be back in the regular loop soon. I am longing for the days when baking, hiking, and other more relaxing activities come back to the forefront. E is feeling much better now and seems to be growing confidence every day. She has been much more forthcoming with laughter (from tickling) and grunt talking- constantly gabbering on like Gump when he's nervous around Jenny. My intention tonight is simply to share a few fotos and video of recent E stuff and also an update on the basement, but not too much commentary. Though I am ready to do more outside, today's high was -4 and K had the day off because it hit -40 early in the am. After lows in the mid negative 30's tonight (-22 at 9:35 pm) it is supposed to get above zero tomorrow and warm up over the next few days.

K's method of lighting a fire under me on the basement was to invite people over for the Superbowl this Sunday. Monday night I worked until almost midnight to finish the final framing and hanging of drywall. We hired out the mudding, taping, and texturing and Jill showed up Tuesday. She was supposed to run the second coat today, but never showed up. She does live in Yampa and is responsible for horses out there, so maybe the cold kept her detained. Ideally, she would have been texturing tomorrow, but maybe now on Friday? Anyway, I see staining the concrete floor, finishing the electrical (outlets, switchplates), hooking up speaker boxes, and maybe throwing some primer up before moving the couch downstairs and making the place feel good before Sunday.

Quick video to get you up to date.





And now for the meager foto gallery of the past week or so.

Braved the extreme cold one day to take the dogs (we were sitting Saddie too) for a walk. Decided to walk to the coffee roasters to pick up some Cowboy Espresso. Got there and realized that they changed their hours and we missed it by 35 minutes. Instead of getting too angry, we extended the walk, crossed the James Brown, Soul Center of the Universe Bridge, and walked home along the bike path in the snow.


Here is a meal I ate four times in four days. This morning was the day after going on a date with T.P. We attended a fundraiser for Youth Hockey and it happened to be a 6 course dinner and New Belgium Beer tasting held at Sweet Water. Needless to say, this breakfast helped me feel a bit better. I actually had this same meal for dinner that night too. I must say that I am extremely happy S posted a foto of Huevos on his flickr page because it opened my world to a new meal.


Some morning sunshine a couple days ago while sitting on our kitchen counter.



A new game E has learned. It is hard to tell who enjoys it more, her, or the adults who encourage her.






After numerous attempts at uploading some fotos from my phone, I am giving up. Not sure if flickr is down or my phone is messed. Maybe later.


Made some Beef Vindaloo a few days ago. Have never done this before and was pretty pleased. The combo of toasted cinnamon, clove, and cumin smelled so good. Also made some mint, cucumber yogurt to cool things off a bit (yogurt made at home too), and some whole wheat flour chapatis for the utensils.

3 comments:

  1. Basement is gonna be awesome. Can't wait to see my bathroom! That video of E playing peek-a-boo is awesome. She's a little doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a ton of patience b/c you're going to be waiting a few years to see that bathroom finished! I think it may be last on the long list of things that still need to be done around here. We are so ready for this basement project to be completed...it has consumed Brad's every waking and 'Emerald free' moment. k

    ReplyDelete