Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Zucchini


Made some steamed, organic, fresh zucchini, puree yesterday and fed some to E today. Every time we introduce a new food, she puckers up her face and does a lot of spitting and demonstrates a lot of confused looks. The food I thought she'd be least into, the zucchini, gave the most benign response. She hardly even flinched, just ate it up. Maybe some black licorice tomorrow to get some sort of reaction.

During her morning nap, I did some electrical work. Almost done! and also planned out our daily adventure. Decided to just take her to the ski area, ride the gondy up, and then feed her a bottle up on top. Timing was perfect, got things ready while she slept. Once awake I got her into a warm outfit, grabbed our ski passes, apologized to Kodi because he thought he was going, and swept her into the garage for our departure. Silly me. I forgot that the truck was loaded down with drywall and insulation. So, instead, I threw her into the carriage, grabbed the damn dog, and went for a walk in town. I was going to get a coffee and feed her her bottle at the coffee shop, but got side tracked...

After walking along the bike path for about 20 minutes, I stopped the cart and walked around to the front so I could see the baby who hadn't made a peep since we left. She looked at me, made one little whimper, and then squeezed out one big alligator tear drop. So, I turned around and went home. Kind of weird. I had looked at her several times and nothing. No noise no upset looks, just the typical quiet looking around E riding in the cart.

Oh, by the way. On the way back, right by Double Z, Kodi took a shit.

One thing I used to threaten all the time was that we would never get any real toys because kids always seem to just enjoy playing with things that aren't actually toys. I figured we'd just have some rocks, sticks, and maybe a two liter coke bottle laying around the house to keep E occupied. Alas, I failed. She has way more toys than she needs. By the way, she is much happier playing with non-toys anyway. She loves grabbing anything she sees while sitting on the counter- knives, newspapers, outlets, coffee cups, cords, pepper grinder, remote, napkins. She does this even when there are toys sitting right on her tray. And, by the way, her new favorite toy is the tray for her chair. She will knock toys off the tray, and then struggle to rip the tray off. Finally, she plays with it and chews it until she loses control and it falls on the floor. Stinker.


K's aunt M.A. sent us a gift today. It is a helmet for E. Fits her pretty good but I can't believe how huge it looks! I guess M.A. thought that we were sheltering E too much. Maybe now with this helmet, we can try some more dangerous activities. K gave me a long board for my birthday. Since E can now sit up, maybe I'll plop her down on the skateboard and ride it down the icy bike path to the 90 Meter ski jump. I've never tried ski jumping before, but with a Sherpani backpack and a helmet, E should be fine. Here's another foto of the helmet. Don't typically like putting 2 similar fotos up of the same scene, but I got so much enjoyment taking them while laughing really hard.


I just remembered that I was putting fotos up of our meals. Forgot to snap a pic, but we made some buffalo burgers with bacon, basil, and cheese (blue for me cheddar for K). E just drank milk.

Tomorrow E is going to have some alone time with Grandma. I'm going to meet up with a family I met in Sweden and go skiing with them. In less than a year 4/9 of the Swedes from that exchange have come back to Steamboat. This boy came back with his parents and 2 younger siblings. We really lucked out with how well the kids got matched up. Friends for life.

3 comments:

  1. Too damn funny... I have tears rolling down my face at 8am while I'm at work. Thanks for starting my day off right. Love you and E,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that post is going to get a reaction from Maryann. Do you think the helmet will be ok for the motorcycles come spring?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like she is ready for that wooden trike. Send her down the ski jump on that.

    ReplyDelete