Monday, January 10, 2011

Cold Again!

Today was another freezing cold day. Was still -2 at about 11:00. So, no hiking today. Our big outing was a trip to Walmart and Radio Shack. We went to find some wall mount speaker jacks for the basement. Turns out that the Shack is going out of business, so I got a few things for half off.

To recap the past few days...

On Friday, Ke and I planned on going for a hike together. Looked like things might not work out because E and C were on opposite napping schedules, so, I took E for a 30 minute walk/hike up in the neighborhood.Turns out, Ke and I did get together a little later that day. It was my first legitimate Mom date! C rode on Ke's back for the first time and he loved it. He passed out right away and never made a peep. That's good because he typically can't stay calm during hikes and that means they have to be short. Since E hadn't really napped, she was exhausted and quiet. At one point I asked if she was sleeping and Ke said, no, but her eyes look like they hurt because she's so tired. It is great to get outside and hike with E, but it was also great to have some adult company. Thanks Ke!

When K got home, she wanted to go for a walk. So, once again, I put E into her snow suit, put the leash on the dog, and we walked through town. Nice way to close out a Friday afternoon. Mom, Baby, Dad, and yes, Kodi. We went home, defrosted some frozen pork carnitas I made a while ago, and ate burritos for dinner. We were in bed by 8 watching some stupid shows on tv. Kodi was practically ruined. He could hardly move because he was so sore. I think he spent a little bit too much time roughhousing on his first Doggy date in a while with Tequila.

This is E on Saturday morning showing some new yoga poses she has been working on. This flexibility is really starting to pay off... She can get into everything that she's not supposed to.

Saturday afternoon E, K, and I walked down to the Old Town Hot Springs to meet T, D, and E. We've got our routine down pretty well. When we get to the pool, I get the baby ready while K gets herself ready for the pool. K gets into the water and I bring E out to her. Then, I go and get changed and meet them in the water. We spend some time soaking in one of the naturally heated outdoor pools before K goes in and changes. She then comes out to grab E and get her dried off and changed while I go into the locker room and get changed. Fun little note, I got a high five from T when he entered the shower (no pictures of that).

After the pool, we went with the P family to the Rio for dinner. Turns out the V's also came out. Brave family bringing 2 boys and a baby. They think it was the first time they went out as a family. Great work guys! After some tacos and queso, K and I loaded E up into her carriage and we walked home in the snow. Boy, did it snow!

After talking in my sleep, getting caught by K, and then the two of us laughing aloud for about 20 minutes at 3 a.m., I grabbed the baby at 5 and put her next to K (hint: breast feeding time). After she ate, I put her back in her crib, got back in bed and then just got up at 6 on Sunday morning. The 5 a.m. ski report spoke about 6 new inches since close. E got up at 7:30 or so and K a little while after. Even though K felt a little under the weather, she told me to go get some of that powda.

Six inches my ass. I figured there was at least 15 inches that morning, but found out that 18 had actually fallen by the end of the morning. It was fantastic. Met up with a few peeps, skied in deep snow for a couple hours and then headed home. Fantastic time on the hill. It amazes me that after having 12 season passes and basically only skiing on this one mountain (3 runs at that) for the past 12 years, I am still like a giddy school girl on days like Sunday. My first run I was smiling and laughing aloud the whole way down. I love skiing-

but not as much as I love this girl, eating chunks of avocado for the first time when I got home from the hill. We tried to just put some on her tray, but she doesn't have the dexterity to actually get them into her mouth yet. They just stayed clutched in her first, punching herself in the mouth until I helped her out and put it in her mouth. The chunks didn't go too well, but she did really like them once I mashed them up. Carnitas next?

2 comments:

  1. I was getting confused with all the anonymity going on but I think I figured it out. Love her furrowed brow in the first pic. Seems like you're at the Rio a lot. Way to add the new options to the comments. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, looky here. I can post a comment on the progress of E (and the basement) in the anonymous fashion I prefer (or only know how to work). I will remain anon, especially since Hillary's Brook said "boss." That wasn't really necessary... Oh, if you're going to snow blow with E attached, please add goggles.

    ReplyDelete