Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Journaling


I'm going to try to start using this as a journaling tool. Something to keep track of funny or cool stuff that E does/says.

Today there were two things...

1st- I went into her room this morning and she quickly sprang up. She told me she wanted to wear jeans, which is really strange for her- first of all, she doesn't typically like them and secondly, I normally have to prompt her to pick out an outfit. She ran right over to her drawer, and grabbed this grey pair of pants that I have never been able to get her to wear. I pointed to the jeans and she said no and was insistent on the grey pair. This pair of pants is like a female equivalent to cargo pants, which I then realized I was wearing. She told me she can put her hands in her pockets and showed me my pockets. Then she let me know she wanted her pockets unbuttoned. She then said, i can put my phone in here. Oh boy.

2nd- As I was beautifully singing Mary Had a Little Lamb tonight, she interrupted me during the second verse. She said, "Dad, I'm gonna get older and older and older and then I'm gonna drive a truck." Where does she come up with this stuff? The "getting older and older and older" is becoming a consistent theme, the first time she brought it up was when we pulled into our driveway on my bike about a month ago after school. That time, she said, "I'm gonna get older and older and older and then I'm gonna drink beer."!

Miss you blog.

2 comments: